Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My First Mega Con!! - 2012



The Papa Bear (Billy) is a nerd at heart, and due to my Sailor Moon obsession..I guess I am as well. We heard that Mega Con was in town so we thought we'd see what this "nerd convention" is all about. Normally, these events are not my scene, I picture Star Trek guys walking around and talking about their comic book collection. Its nothing like that. Remember when you were a kid at Disney? What it was like to see all the characters and get your picture taken with them? Yep, that's what it was like. It's not only Star wars or Star Trek- We saw Jack Sparrow, X-men, Cinderella, Anime people, Adventure time, The Muppets, Pokemon, Two face, and much more. Some people spent thousands of dollars on their costumes, some months making them. It's really cool to see all of the detail that some put into this event. 

Papa Bear and I  put a lot of thought into who we would be. We didn't want to go to our first Mega Con with guns blazing. we wanted to be more subtle. He opted for a member as the "nerd herd" from his favorite TV series "Chuck". (Great show btw)
I wanted to play it safe and cheap. I went as Flo from the Progressive commercial.
We also took our 3 month old Orion, and he went as Baby harry Potter. His costume was easy, we just drew a lightning scar on his forehead. Although he slept the entire time in the stroller, he stole the show.



Here is a collection of our photos from Mega Con- including our costumes:


All in all..An amazing day and we can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment