Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of school!

My daughter is now officially a 1st grader! Today was her first day, and she was psyched. Equipped with pencils, glue sticks, plastic bags (insert the million things they asked for here) in her Disney Princess book bag and holding our "Suck up to the teacher gift" as I call it, we ventured into the world of knowledge of Elementary school!


 The craft I ended up choosing was a mixture of cake pops made to look like Apples http://www.bakerella.com/candy-apples/


After this picture, I printed out a tag with the teacher's name, the year and a lion (the class mascot) and hot glued it to the front. My cake pops looked a little different from the pictures (I'm new at the whole cake pop deal) However I think they turned out great! Two friends of mine met up with me this past weekend and we made them for the teachers together since we all have children starting school. It was a great bonding experience! I think we need to start getting together to do a monthly craft! Possibly start a club?...with T-shirts and a logo..and a club song...OK maybe not that extreme BUT a monthly get-together with friends for some crafting sounds great. I can't wait for Halloween crafts to start!

                                     Here are some pics from our apple cake pop extravaganza!
                                                              Valerie and Justine
                                                   Chocolate cake pops ready for dipping!
                                                                            Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment