Friday, August 19, 2011

My cake pop experience



I followed the basic cake pop instructions of Bakerella's youtube video on "How to make cake pops." My ultimate goal is to make Apple shaped cake pops as a gift for my daughter's teacher on the first day of school. I did a practice run of regular cake pops (like the one in this video) and I also attempted the Mario Mushroom cake pops from this awesome tutorial: http://raptortoe.com/2011/01/24/1up-mushroom-cake-pops/

They are in general quite easy to make, however the trick is to keep them "frozen". You don't want them rock hard, but If they aren't cold they tend to fall off while dipping them in the candy melts/ chocolate or fall down while drying. These were my finished products:

     Mario Mushroom-I didn't have large white sprinkles for the spots, so i used white chocolate chips which ended up melting. With a bit more practice, these would come out amazing!

                    
 The regular Cake pops (as in Bakerella's video) came out great! I had two little helpers who did an awesome sprinkle job!  We'll definitely be making these again!


No comments:

Post a Comment