Monday, August 22, 2011

Wonderland-Baby Style!

   So here's the deal , I'm almost 7 months pregnant with a baby boy and I've been hoping for the nesting instinct. Last time I was pregnant I came down with nesting fever and cleaned EVERYTHING. It. Was. Awesome. This time around, I think I got jipped. My nesting instinct has manifested as annoying control freak habits which are starting to come out as I am planning my baby shower.
  
  I will say that I do have a burst of energy for crafting; I'd almost rather it be cleaning but hey, I'll take what I can get.  The theme we've chosen is Alice in Wonderland/ Mad hatter! I'm so excited! There are so many great ideas that can be incorporated into it, and my favorite part: IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MATCH! I HATE having to find the perfect shade to match everything. Here was my original inspiration for the theme:
http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2010/05/02/alice-in-wonderland-garden-tea-party-oc-style/

     and in the process, I came across some of these ideas  from other crafty people on google!
      (None of these are mine but I do plan on using them as inspiration for my baby shower. I will be making all of these from $1 supplies and will post pictures and tutorials for the "Knock offs"! ):
                                             These are the wax "soda bottles" - found at my $1!
 
                                                          "EAT ME" treats! Easy and cute!
                                                 Some Alice in Wonderland Themed Invitations

                          Painting the Roses red (Another future $1 craft I plan on trying!)
                                                           Large stacked and painted Tea cups!


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment